The proper Windows command window Part 2
After getting some positive feedback on the quick hack I did Monday night, I've continued to hack on the command window replacement for Windows.
I've made the command window a wee bit more stable, and removed some of the annoying flickering when listing large directories as one example.
The entire list of new features and improvements
- End a tab shell with exit command
- Navigate between tabs with CTRL+TAB and CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
- Removed horizontal scroll bar
- Pasting something would not focus and do the input on the command line
- Output rendering was flickering
- Removed the Always on top behavior
- The current prompt line wasn't always visible when scrolling to bottom of a tab.
- The app would crash if you entered a cd command without arguments.
- It's now possible to
- give a tab a specific name
- change the back and text-colors and font properties
- Output that is error responses etc are highlighted in red (will be customizable later on)
Known bugs/missing features
- Change engine (PoweShell, CMD and Cygwin) only CMD currently
- And more...
If you have ideas on what should be part of this app, please drop a comment below.